Sunday, November 9, 2014

Gratitude

   Today, we had a regional conference for church where 14 stakes met together in the Marriott Center to hear different leaders and an apostle of the Lord speak to us.  The meeting was amazing and taught me so much about the gospel, my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ, and becoming the best I can be through different trials that come my way.  We are all going to have challenges and trials come because it is not if but when, but when they do come we can get through them with the help of our Savior.  He came to this earth and set the perfect example of how we should live our lives and learn and grow.  Then He felt all of our pains, weaknesses, sorrows, sickness, sadness, guilt, despair, and hopelessness.  He is the ONLY one who knows exactly how we feel and is there every step of the way for us.  He will lift us up, bring us hope and happiness, and will never stop loving us.  I loved learning more about how we are never alone, and that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are always there to get us through life.  I felt like the overall message was that life is going to be hard, but as we try to improve ourselves to be the best we can be then we will be ok.  We will receive the help that we need and be guided and protected throughout our lives.
   Being at the conference this morning was exactly what I needed!  There were so many answers to prayer, statements that were meant for me, and the knowledge that I can get through hard things.  The spirit there was so strong to me and helped me feel and realize more just how important I am to the Lord.  Even though things in life never seem to go how I want them too, it is going how the Lord needs them to go.  He knows exactly what I need to help stretch me, teach me, and make me become a better daughter of God.  Things are not placed in my path just for the fun of it, but because the Lord knows that I can handle getting through it and that I am strong enough to face another challenge.  He loves each of us so much and knows who we are individually.  We are so blessed to have a knowledge that He lives, loves us, and is there for us...always!!!  Today was a great day of teaching and remembering the importance of so many aspects of myself, this gospel, and the Lord!

1 comment: