Yesterday, BYU played their last home game and won! The downside of the game was that the weather was cold, windy, and rainy. I was underneath the stands at the beginning of the game so I did not get caught in the first thunderstorm. During the rest of the game, there was just mist and sprinkles coming down. With about ten minutes left in the game though the heavens opened and we were caught in a downpour. I had not brought a raincoat, so I stood there watching the game getting wetter and wetter. Finally the game ended and the crowd started leaving. My supervisor said we had to pick up all the stadium chairs in our section though since it was the last home game. So, we went from the top of the bleachers to the bottom and picked up all the chairs. This was quite the workout, but funny and super wet. The chairs were so wet that by the time we were done, I was soaked all the way through. I will always remember that experience though because it was so crazy but fun as well. I loved working at the games and will miss it.
Sunday, November 23, 2014
Football!
This year I had the opportunity to work at the BYU football games as an event staff member. I had a great time and really enjoyed my time working at the games. I was the south stroller check member and made sure all the strollers were taken care of and safe during the game. That was not the most exciting post that I wanted, but it was still really fun to be there. I was able to talk to a lot of people since I was on the main level watching everyone come into the stadium. Many people asked for my help and were grateful that I was there to help direct and guide them when they needed help. My supervisor was really great and was always so nice. He knew that I loved sports and wanted to see parts of the football games, so he would rotate me around with other workers to be in the portal and watch the game.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment