Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sabbath Blessings!

   I am so incredibly grateful that today is Sunday!  Being able to go to church today, partake of the sacrament, and hearing things that were meant exactly for me, was such a blessing.  This past week was super rough because I had so much that I needed to accomplish for school.  I felt very overwhelmed, stressed, and felt so down because I felt that I could not accomplish everything that I needed too.  I worked really hard every day to get everything done on time and in the right manner.  I know I was not going through this week alone though.  I prayed to Heavenly Father to help and uplift me during this past week.  I knew that He would help me after I did all I could do, so I was trying hard to do my best to partake of that promise.  That promise is completely true!! I made it through this week with the Lord's help.  He truly did uplift me, give me strength, and helped me through all of   my assignments, papers, and tests.
   Going to church today I felt exhausted physically, emotionally, and spiritually and was seeking comfort.  Today was ward conference with all of our stake leaders and it was exactly what I needed.  A revelatory experience indeed.  The topic was all about whirlwinds and how we get through them, react to them, and overcome them.  We are all going to experience different challenges and trials in life that bring us down and try us in many ways.  The beauty about this life though is that the atonement of Jesus Christ is always there and encompasses everything about our lives.  No matter who we are, what we do, and the mistakes we make Christ has felt everything we've felt and knows how to help us.  He will never forget us, forsake us, or stop loving us.  Everything about this meeting was exactly what I needed to hear.  I know the Lord inspired the talks I heard and helped me to hear what would comfort me the most.  I know we all go through hard times, but I am so grateful to know there is a loving Heavenly Father who is there for us.  He has a wonderful plan for each one of us!!

2 comments:

  1. Well Said! Glad you made it through your busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always remember what you've written in this post! It is so true that life is full of whirlwinds, but we can find peace in the midst of them. Love you!

    ReplyDelete