Sunday, October 19, 2014

Food, food, food...yum!

   My grandma lives in Germantown Village and she loves it here.  Basically, it is a nice apartment complex (very similar to a hotel) for individuals who live independently, but are still watched out for here.  Also, there is an assisted living section and skilled nursing section that residents can move into if needed.  The halls are all indoor and it is a very nice place.  Lots of activities go on around here like yoga, wii bowling, bingo, swimming, tai chi, field trips to the city, and so much more.  Things always seem to be something going on around here and I'm always surprised how active some of the residents are.  One of my personal favorite activities around here is the room with all the jigsaw puzzles.  I absolutely love jigsaw puzzles and would work on them for hours if I could!  Puzzles pull me in, are addicting, and make me want to keep working until I finish them! Usually someone is always down there as well, so I can talk to them and hear their interesting stories.  I love it!
   Food is in abundance here as well, and I always seem to gain some weight when I come.  I am on vacation though so it's ok right?! :P  Every sunday there is a huge brunch in the dining room that always fills me up so much!  Food ranges from fruit, salad, soup, waffles, eggs, vegetables, meats, and many different entrees that are all so tasty!  Today, I ate so much that I thought I was going to pop! I loved it though because it's variety from my normal staple foods back at school.  The people here are so nice and welcoming, and it is always so fun to watch and see how they interact together.  I'm grateful that my grandma has the opportunity to live here and be in a safe environment that she enjoys.  She has so much to do here and can meet many people, and I know she is being well taken care of here.  Love you grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment