Tuesday, December 2, 2014

ArG!!!

I had such a wonderful Thanksgiving break that was stress free, but once I came back to Provo all that changed.  I went to class yesterday morning and tried to hit the ground running.  I have so many papers, presentations, tests, and portfolios all due this week and next week.  Sometimes I just feel like I should laugh at how much I have to do in the little time that I have.  I am now feeling all of the stress that I did not have during the break.  I understand that since it is the end of the semester final projects and papers are due, but sometimes I feel like it is overkill.  For one class, I have my final and an extensive portfolio due on the same day with a huge paper due two days later.  Really?  And that is for just one class.  All of my classes have this similar story and as a result, I am dying.  These next two weeks are going to be horrible, long, and filled with stressful days trying to get everything done.  Following that week will be the wonderful week of finals where you stand in the testing center line forever. 

            I understand that I am in college which makes you work and demands the best of you, but sometimes it is downright exhausting.  Where are the days of snack time, recess, and not always having to worry about homework and jobs?  Lamenting about this makes me that much more grateful for the childhood I had.  Life moves quickly and I am learning again to seize the moment before it is gone.  We have one life to live filled with challenges, struggles, triumphs, and happiness.  No life is perfect, but it is perfect for us individually…to grow stronger.  We may become frustrated, overwhelmed, or stressed with life, but this is all part of the process of life.  These lessons teach us patience, endurance, strength, and even true grit at times.  So, even though I complain that I am overwhelmed and stressed with everything I have to do right now, I am strong and can get through this.  I am blessed in so many ways and have the privilege to attend a wonderful school that challenges and teaches me new lessons each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment